If you have been paying attention to some of the gadgets James Bond has used in films past, you’ll notice the use of Sony Ericsson phones beginning with Die Another Day in 2002. Times have changed, and with the advent of smartphones, the world’s most famous spy also has to roll with the times. So what is his weapon of choice in the upcoming Skyfall? It is a Sony Xperia T of course!
Sony Ericsson first partnered with Bond for Die Another Day starring Pierce Brosnan in 2002, using both the T68i and P800 in the film. Sony Ericsson phones have since featured in all Bond films, with the K800i and M600i making their debuts in Casino Royale, and the C902 bringing limited edition glamour to Quantum of Solace.
Xperia T will be part of a new range of smartphones available upon the film’s release later this year. It features everything you’d expect from a Sony smartphone – stylish design, state-of-the-art specs, easy connectivity and access to premium entertainment experiences anywhere, anytime. The T provides Sony’s best HD smartphone screen, camera and one-touch connectivity enabled by NFC, with key features including:
- 4.6” HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile Bravia Engine for razor sharp clarity
- 13MP fast capture camera that goes from sleep mode to snap in just over a second
- Full 1080p HD video recording capabilities and a 720p HD front camera for the highest quality content
- PlayStation Certified
- Latest generation 1.5GHz dual core processor for improved battery life, fast performance and ultra sharp graphics
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
So now this got us thinking… how would he use the phone to fight off the baddies in this installment in the Bond franchise? He used it as a remote control for the BMW 7 series and as a stun gun in the past… what do you think?