Do you have an Acer Aspire One netbook (or any other netbook? Are you tired of the Windows 7 Starter edition (or any previous version of Windows) that it came with? Fret not, there is a way to upgrade the Windows 7 version. And it is quite simple. We’ll give you the step by step instructions on how to do so.
- If your netbook does not have Windows 7 Starter, you may still be able to upgrade your version of Windows. You can find out if your netbook can run Windows 7. Do this by downloading and running the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. It runs checks (hardware and software scans) on your machine and provides recommendations before you upgrade. Keep all the devices you normally use (printer, wireless mouse etc.) plugged into your machine while the Upgrade Advisor is running.
- One you have determined if your machine can be upgraded, you can proceed to the Windows Anytime Upgrade.
- Open Windows Anytime Upgrade by clicking the Start button.
- You are given options to either purchase and download a version of Windows or if you already have an upgrade key, you can choose the 2nd option and proceed.
- Kick back and relax. All your old programs and files will remain intact.
- Enjoy your upgraded netbook!