As the successor to Lamborghini’s best selling model of all time the Gallardo, their latest installment does have some big shoes to fill. Fortunately, by the looks of it, the Huracán LP 610-4 (the LP stands for the engine orientation – Longitudinale Posteriore, 610 is the power produced by the engine and the 4 stands for the fact that the vehicle is all wheel drive and power is delivered to all 4 wheels) does exactly just that. Now while it has taken quite a few design cues from both the crazy Aventador and the Veneno, it still looks the business without being too outlandish. And in case you are wondering if it truly is a suitable replacement for the Gallardo, just take a look at the specs:
- Engine Type: V10 90° IDS, 40 valves
- Displacement: 5,204 cm³ (317.6 cu.in.)
- Maximum power: 610 HP (449 kW) @ 8,250 RPM
- Maximum torque: 560 Nm (412 lbft) @ 6,500 RPM
- Lubrication system: Dry sump
- Top speed: 325 km/h (202 mph)
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph): 3.2 s
- Acceleration 0-200 km/h (0-124 mph): 9.9 s
- Dry weight: 1,422 kg (3,135 lb)
“One man, One Car, One Mission: Drive Faster than the Storm.” That’s the tagline for the first official video of the Gallardo replacement and we have included it below for your viewing pleasure.
To know more about the Huracán, visit the official website.